Select both shapes, and then select the Shape Builder tool in os wiki the Tools panel. Press Alt (Option) and click in the circle to delete it from the combined shape.
How do you cut a shape out of a shape in Illustrator?
- Click and hold the Eraser ( ) tool to see and choose the Knife ( )tool.
- Do one of the following: To cut in a curved path, drag the pointer over the object. …
- Choose Select > Deselect. Note: …
- Click and drag each part using the Direct Selection ( ) tool.
How do I cut one object out of another in Illustrator?
Select both shapes using the “Selection Tool”. With both shapes selected, go to the “Pathfinder Tool” (displayed below in red). Select the “Minus Front” selection (displayed below in green). Your os wiki bottom shape should now have a cutout of the top shape.
How do I merge lines in a shape in Illustrator?
- Select the Selection tool ( ) in the Tools panel. …
- Choose Object > Path > Join. …
- Choose Object > Path > Join once more.
- Choose Select > Deselect to see the closed path.
- Choose View > Preview.
- Click the joined path to select it and press the letter D to apply the default black 1 pt stroke and white fill.
How do you fill a shape with lines in Illustrator?
Select the drawn object with the Selection tool, and then select the Stroke tool and a color from the swatch. This will color the lines and strokes in the object. Then, select the Fill tool and os wiki pick a color from the swatch. Clicking inside the object will fill it with the selected color or pattern.
How do I cut a shape out of another shape in Photoshop?
- Hold down the Command/Ctrl key and click the layer thumbnail for the arrow in the Layers Panel. This will load the arrow shape as a selection.
- Choose Select > Inverse from the menu to invert the selection.
- Highlight the Star layer in the Layers Panel.
- Click the New Mask icon at the bottom of the Layers Panel.
How do you make an object transparent in Illustrator?
Select an object or group (or target a layer in the Layers panel). To change the opacity of a fill or stroke, select the object, and then select the fill or stroke os wiki in the Appearance panel. Set the Opacity option in the Transparency panel or Control panel.
How do you turn a shape into a path?
Click on the Shape layer in the Layers palette and open the Paths palette. You will see the shape path there – os wiki double click it and give the new path a new name such as path1 and press Ok. Now remove the original shape layer by clicking it and press Delete and you will be left with just your path.
Which blending mode darkens relative to the base color?
Blending with white inverts the base color values; blending os wiki with black produces no change. Creates an effect similar to but lower in contrast than the Difference mode.
Which is considered a selection tool?
Terms in this set (14) the rectangular marquee tool, elliptical os wiki marquee tool are considered to be this type of selection tool. the lasso tool, polygonal lasso tool, and the magnetic lasso tool are considered to be this type of selection tool. the quick election tool is considered to be this type of selection tool.
What tool should you use to move shapes to another location?
Use the Shape Selection tool to select shapes: To select os wiki the shape, click it. To move the shape, drag it to a new location.